Danish Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour*
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla together on medium speed for 5 minutes until light in color and whipped, scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Alternately you can use a bowl and a hand mixer.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined. Dough should be smooth and soft.
- Transfer dough to a piping bag fitted with a large star attachment. Pipe dough onto prepared baking sheet in a circle or rosette shape.
- Place baking sheet in a refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill dough slightly.
- Preheat oven to 300°F and bake cookies for 18-20 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Dixie Crystals Insight
- If the dough is too thick and you’re having trouble piping it out, remove it from the bag and place it back in the bowl, mixing in 1 tablespoon of milk to soften it slightly.
- You can decorate the cookies with sprinkles or coarse sugar prior to baking if desired.
- Store airtight for up to 5 days.
- Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.