Dark Chocolate Almond Bars
- Preheat oven to 340°F. Scatter almonds evenly on a cookie sheet and toast in oven until light golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Line a 8 X 8-inch or 9 X 9-inch pan with plastic food wrap, plastic hanging over sides (spreading a thin film of oil onto pan first will make plastic stick better) and set aside.
- Place almond butter in a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients. Sift powdered sugar and add to almond butter.
- Chop chocolate in pea size pieces and place in a microwave oven safe bowl. Melt in 10 second increments and stirring in between. Stop heating once mixture is 3/4 melted, keep stirring (without heating) until chocolate is smooth and lump free. Add and mix into almond butter mixture.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Mixture is best allowed to set for 24 hours, but can be cut after 12 hours.
- Cut into desired shapes.
Dark chocolate is made using 2 primary ingredients: cocoa and sugar. The higher the cocoa percentage the lower the amount sugar chocolate contains. When making this recipe, keep in mind that the bars will not firm properly with chocolate bars containing less than 60% cocoa.