Dark Chocolate Pistachio Pecan Cookies
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (65-70% cocoa mass), chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (about 3.5 ounces)
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cook oats
- 1/2 cup unshelled pistachios, chopped (about 2.5 ounces)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Melt both chocolates in a double boiler over simmering water, stirring occasionally. Once melted, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place 1/2 cup pecans and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar in a food processor and grind to a fine consistency. Set other 1/2 cup chopped pecans aside.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking soda together in a medium-sized bowl. Add ground pecan mixture and whisk together.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and 1 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until smooth. Mix in melted, cooled chocolate.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix by hand. Add milk until incorporated. Stir in oats, pistachios and remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Scoop cookie dough using a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop and roll into a ball in your hands. Place on prepared cookie sheets about 1 inch apart. Gently flatten cookie dough with palm of your hand.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes or until cookies just start to firm up. Remove from oven and let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store airtight for up to 5 days.