Dean’s Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 cans (24 ounces) yams
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 cups marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Drain yams. Place in stand mixer bowl and add sugar, flour, pineapple and spices.
- Mix on medium-low speed. While they mix, slowly pour in butter until no lumps of yams are present.
- Mix in pecans and dried cranberries into the yam batter. Then pour into baking dish, top with marshmallows and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.