Donna McGee's Homemade Lemon Pie
- 2 deep dish pie shells
- 5 large fresh lemons, squeezed
- 2 (14 oz) cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 8 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 10 tablespoons real lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tablespoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/4 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 tablespoon yellow food color, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Using a hand-held mixer, blend until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into pie shells and bake at 325°F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let pies cool for 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftover pies.