Double Chocolate Fudge Praline Cookies
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup well packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Pecan Praline Glaze
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup well packed Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecan or walnut pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Sift together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Place 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-proof bowl. Melt in 10 second intervals stirring in between heating. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, whisk eggs and milk until combined.
- Add both sugars and vanilla extract and whisk well.
- Add all dry ingredients and once combined add melted chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining chocolate chips.
- Using a medium-sized ice cream scoop, drop cookies onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving room for spreading.
- Place in oven and bake for about 10-11 minutes. The center of cookies need to remain wet looking when removed from oven. Centers will set to fudge-like consistency when cooled.
- Prepare praline topping by bringing all ingredients to boil. Stir for two minutes and remove from heat.
- Spoon onto cookies, and allow topping to cool before enjoying.
Will be making this recipe for sure.