Dr. Pepper Barbecued Beef Brisket
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Trim fat from meat. Place brisket in a large roasting pan.
- Combine brown sugar, ketchup, Dr. Pepper, onion, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; mix until well blended.
- Pour over brisket. Cover tightly with foil.
- Roast for 3 hours or until brisket is tender, brushing occasionally with sauce mixture.
- Remove from oven and place brisket on a platter and keep warm.
- Pour remaining sauce into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens.
- Cut brisket into thin diagonal slices across the grain at an angle. Serve brisket with sauce.