Dr. Pepper Barbecued Beef Brisket
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Dr. Pepper Cherry Cola Soda
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (4-5 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Trim fat from meat. Place brisket in a large roasting pan.
- Combine brown sugar, ketchup, Dr. Pepper, onion, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; mix until well blended.
- Pour over brisket. Cover tightly with foil.
- Roast for 3 hours or until brisket is tender, brushing occasionally with sauce mixture.
- Remove from oven and place brisket on a platter and keep warm.
- Pour remaining sauce into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens.
- Cut brisket into thin diagonal slices across the grain at an angle. Serve brisket with sauce.
Have made multiple times. My nephew in law who grew up on brisket (says he had it every week) declares it the best brisket he has ever eaten. I do cook for significantly longer than the 3 hours until it’s basically falling apart.
It sounds very delicious. I will have to try it. I think slow cooked in a crock pot would be good too. I'm not a fan of Dr. Pepper and hope I do not taste it.
I really like the flavors the Dr Pepper creates, sweet and tender.
i made this and i think i will be making it again was really good