Dulce De Leche Pound Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, soft
- 2/3 package (slightly over 5 oz mark on package) cream cheese (soft at room temperature)
- 1 3/4 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 of a 13.4 ounce can dulce de leche + more for decorating
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 340°F. Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda and sift together. Set aside.
- Mix butter and cream cheese until creamy and lump free. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated and scraping well in between additions. Add vanilla and salt.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined, scrape bowl.
- Scrape about a third of mixture into prepared pan. Drizzle a third of dulce de leche onto cake batter. If you did not line pan with parchment, make certain that dulce de leche stays away from sides.
- Repeat alternate layering a few times with cake batter and dulce de leche. Pan should never be filled more than 3/4 full. If working with a smaller pan, place additional batter into cupcakes.
- Bake until center bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Once cake has cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with dulce de leche.