Dulce De Leche Pumpkin Pie
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, soft
- 2/3 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 can (14 oz) can dulce de leche
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For crust, mix butter and powdered sugar until completely smooth. Add egg and mix until well combined. Add salt and vanilla.
- Add flour in one step and on low speed. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Press dough flat and into an 8-inch circle onto a sheet of plastic food film Place dough in refrigerator or freezer for about 20 minutes or until well chilled. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, for easy rolling of dough, place a cookie sheet filled with ice cubes on the work surface that you will be rolling dough on.
- Sprinkle dough with flour and roll into a circle large enough to cover pie pan. Press dough into place and remove excess. Press dough into any cracks or tears.
- Prick dough with a fork on bottom and sides and place in oven. After about 5 minutes baking, ensure that dough is not puffing up in any areas. If so, prick with a fork. Bake until dough is light golden, about 8-10 minutes more. Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients combine pure pumpkin and dulce de leche. In a separate bowl, beat eggs until very well blended. Add to pumpkin mixture.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour into pre-baked pie shell and place in oven for about 55 - 60 minutes or until center of pie no longer trembles when pie is tapped on sides.
- Once cooled, decorate with crème chantilly and candied pecans.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments