Dulce de Leche Stuffed Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium-high heat. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes until butter has browned, then transfer to a mixing bowl and add remaining butter. Stir until melted, then set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add brown sugar to the cooled butter. Mix until combined. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix just until combined. Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and shape into a small ball. Place on baking sheets, 3 inches apart, and form an indentation in the top with a finger or backside of a measuring spoon.
- Fill each indentation with a small amount of dulce de leche, about 1/2 teaspoon.
- Shape another tablespoon of cookie dough into a ball and press an indentation in it as well, then turn it over and use it to cover the dulce de leche, pinching the edges together to seal dulce de leche inside. Repeat until all dough has been used.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until barely golden brown, then remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystalsby Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.