Easy Cherry Tart
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 brick (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 cups fresh bing cherries, pitted and halved
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lay out thawed puff pastry sheet on a floured surface and gently use a rolling pin to even out creases and roll to even thinness. (You can also trim the edges into your desired shape, such as a rectangle, if desired.) Transfer puff pastry to a baking sheet. Use a knife to score a very thin border around outside of puff pastry. Then use a fork to poke numerous holes into middle of pastry, to minimize inflation.
- Bake pastry according to package directions until it just begins to puff and turn golden, about 10-12 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, use an electric mixer to cream together cream cheese and butter on medium-high speed until smooth. Add vanilla and powdered sugar, and continue beating on medium-low speed until smooth. If needed, add more powdered sugar to thicken.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of puff pastry once it has cooled. Then sprinkle with cherry halves. Slice and serve.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Ali Ebright @Gimme Some Oven.