Easy Peach Crumble
- 3 1/2 cups fresh peaches, washed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange peaches in shallow baking dish (about 8-inches in diameter).
- Sprinkle peaches with lemon rind and lemon juice.
- In small mixing bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter; mix with pastry blender until mixture resembles corn meal. Sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Serve warm, with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Recipe first published in the 1957 Alice in Brown Sugar Land cookbook.