Eggnog Cookies With Cranberry Glaze
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (not dried)
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup water or orange juice
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda together. Set aside.
- Mix butter, sugar, and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and once well-combined, add egg yolks. Scrape bowl well.
- Add vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and rum extract.
- Once combined, add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Shape dough in 2 tablespoon sized balls. If dough is too sticky, place it in the fridge for about 20 minutes. Place dough balls on parchment lined or buttered cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake until edges of cookies turn pale golden, about 11 minutes.
- Prepare cranberry glaze by combining cranberries, sugar, and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Once boiling turn heat lower and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and either using a stick blender or stand blender, mix contents to a smooth consistency. Return to heat and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Using a spoon pour glaze over cooled cookies. The glaze will set as it cools.
Dixie Crystals Insight
NOTE: Select flour with 3 grams/protein on nutrition facts label.