Enchanted Forest Irish Cream
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream (or whole milk)
- 1 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1/2 cup vodka
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Irish Cream
- Over medium heat, combine evaporated milk and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
- Let stand until cooled.
- Once cool, combine with remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into a decorative bottle and store in refrigerator.
- Serve chilled, over ice, or splashed into coffee for a taste of Irish fun.
Dixie Crystals Insight
- This recipe originally appeared in the 1994 edition of Homemade Good News, vol XIV, no 2.
- In a time pinch? Substitue 1 can store-bought sweetened condensed milk for homemade.