Ferrero Rocher Cookies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In mixer, cream together butter and both sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture to batter. Mix until just combined.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts and 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips.
- Stir remaining hazelnuts and mini chocolate chips into dough.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet.
- Press remaining hazelnuts and mini chocolate chips into tops of cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove and let for 5 minutes and then move to cooling rack to completely cool.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.