- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup well packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large jar marshmallow creme
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift together flour baking soda and cinnamon and set aside.
- Beat butter until creamy, add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add egg and continue beating.
- Add salt, vanilla extract and peanut butter and mix in well. Add sifted ingredients and mix until just combined, do not overmix.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes in a refrigerator. Scoop chilled dough into tablespoon amounts and make round. Place well spaced on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake until cookies are very light golden on edges. Allow to cool.
- Using a spoon or a piping bag fill cookies with marshmallow crème.
This soft and tender peanut butter cookie is equally delicious without the filling.