French Toast Cookie Bars
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour (or line with parchment paper) a 13x9-inch pan, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, and maple syrup. Add in eggs, vanilla extract and maple extract, whisk until smooth.
- Add in flour mixture and beat until well combined. Press batter evenly into prepared 13x9-inch pan using a rubber spatula or your hands.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned. The center will still be soft, but will harden as it cools. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- While the cookie is cooling, make frosting. With an electric beater or stand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract, beating until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Spread frosting on top of cookie in an even layer. Top frosting layer with cereal and serve
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.