French Toast Rollups
- Slice crusts off all 4 sides of each slice of bread.
- Use a rolling pin, roll each slice of bread flat.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of melted butter and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar together.
- Spread brown sugar mixture onto 1/2 of each slice of bread.
- Starting on side with filling, roll each slice of bread “jelly-roll style.”
- Whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, white sugar, and vanilla extra together.
- Heat remaining butter in a skillet on low medium heat.
- Once hot, dip rolls one at a time into egg mixture, making sure to coat all sides.
- Place rollups in hot skillet, seam side down, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cook roll ups on each side for about 2 minutes each side, until golden brown and slightly crisp.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.