Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Remove stems from all strawberries. Set aside 1 cup of strawberries and puree until smooth. Slice remaining strawberries in half.
- In a small sauce pan whisk together sugar and cornstarch until well combined. Add water and strawberry puree stirring until everything is well blended. Heat over medium heat to bring to a boil; stirring frequently.
- Once sugar mixture is boiling, cook for 3 minutes until it is thick and coats the back of a spoon. Make sure to stir constantly. After 3 minutes remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place halved strawberries into baked pie crust and spread out evenly. After strawberry glaze has cooled pour over strawberries, making sure everything is well coated.
- Place in fridge for 3-4 hours to set up completely.
- Meanwhile whisk heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until you have stiff peaks. You can use an electric mixer to make it easier.
- Slice pie and top with homemade whipped cream to serve.
- Best made and served same day.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.