Frozen Margarita Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice (do not use bottled)
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- Crushed ice
- Coarse sea salt
- Lime wedges or wheels
- Prepare simple syrup by combining granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved and syrup has thickened slightly. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature before using. Store any extra simple syrup in the refrigerator.
- For salted rim, place salt on a plate. Run a lime wedge around the edge of your margarita glass and then roll it into salt.
- Combine all ingredients including simple syrup in a blender. Fill with crushed ice to just above liquid line. Blend until it reaches a uniform consistency. Add more ice as desired.
- Pour into salted margarita glasses.
- Garnish with fresh lime wheels or wedges.