Frozen Strawberries and Cream Cake
- 7 or 10-inch angel food cake
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Juice of two lemons
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Strawberries for garnish
- With a serrated knife, slice a layer off the top of the cake, 1-inch from the top. Set top aside.
- Use knife to remove center of cake leaving 1/4- 1/2-inch around the sides and bottom creating a channel. Use your fingers to tear cake removed from center into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whip 3/4 cup whipping cream until stiff. Add condensed milk and lemon juice and continue whipping until well mixed. Add sliced strawberries and reserved cake pieces.
- Gently fold through until blended. Pour the strawberry mixture into hollowed out portion of the cake. Replace top of cake.
- In another bowl, beat remaining 3/4 cup whipping cream with confectioners sugar. Frost top and sides of the cake. Place cake in freezer and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove cake 2 hours before serving. Garnish with strawberry halves.
Dixie Crystals Insight
This recipe originally appeared in 1991 in the Homemade Good News cookbook volumn XI No. 4 on page 16.