Fruit and Nut Dark Chocolate Bark
- 16 oz dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (around 60% cacao content)
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped mixed nuts (suggestions: pistachios and almonds)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup dried fruit (suggestions, cranberries, apricots, goji berries or candied ginger)
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Cover a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, melt chocolate and sugar in a microwave-safe bowl for one minute. Stir and then microwave in 15-second increments, stirring after each one, until chocolate is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Spread chocolate evenly over center area of baking sheet using a rubber spatula. Chocolate should be about 1/4-inch thick.
- Sprinkle nuts, coconut flakes, and dried fruit evenly over chocolate. Lastly, sprinkle flaked sea salt on top.
- Allow chocolate to cool at room temperature, until completely hardened, about 2 hours. Once chocolate is hard, use your hands to break it into pieces.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.