- 1 pound mixed dried fruit: dates, prunes, raisins, cherries and apricots, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 2/3 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup salted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 egg
- Dixie Crystals Gold n Natural Turbinado or sparkling sugar for the tops
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Place chopped fruit and pecans in a bowl. Add Grand Marnier, corn syrup, and orange juice. Toss and cover. Let sit overnight at room temperature.
- Whisk flour and spices together. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, place the two sugars. Add orange zest and use your hands to work into sugar completely. Add butter and cream until light and fluffy. Mix in egg.
- On low speed, add flour in two additions. Fold in the fruit/pecan mixture plus any liquid in the bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment. Use a 1 1/2-tablespoon cookie scoop to portion dough onto prepared sheets. Press cookie dough with the bottom of a juice glass to flatten the tops. (You may need to dip the juice glass in flour to prevent sticking.) Smooth edges with fingertips, if desired. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the centers are set but still soft. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.