Ghost Pound Cake Sandwiches
- 1 7-Up Pound Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wilton red icing color (or classic red food coloring)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wilton black icing color (or classic black food coloring)
- Slice pound cake into 1/4 inch thick slices and then using a ghost cookie cutter, cut each slice into a ghost shape. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and raspberry jam until well combined. Add powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and a few drops of red food coloring, stirring as you go, till you get a deep red color. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar until well combined. Add vanilla extract and a few drops of black food coloring and stir to combine. Transfer icing into a piping bag with a small round tip on the end. Set aside.
- Spread one side of a pound cake ghost with raspberry buttercream. Top with a second ghost to form a sandwich. Then with the black frosting, pipe on a face onto the ghost. Continue until all ghosts are sandwiched together and serve!
NOTE: If in a hurry, store-bought pound cake can be substituted for homemade 7 Up Pound Cake.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.