Giant Chocolate Chip-Peanut Football Shaped Cookie
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 - 3 tablespoons hot water
- White decorating gel
- Giant Cookie
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- Beat in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chips.
- With floured hands shape dough into one large football shape on a large baking pan lined with foil.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browed. Cool completely in pan.
- Place sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Melt chocolate and butter in microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds or until melted.
- Add chocolate to sugar; mixing until blended. Stir in hot water until spreading consistency.
- Spread frosting onto cooled cookie. Draw laces on football with white decorating gel.