Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar, for rolling
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cube butter and place it in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt butter in microwave for 1 minute. It’s okay if all pieces are not melted completely.
- Mix brown sugar and molasses with butter.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add salt, nutmeg, cinnamon ginger, baking soda, and flour. Mix until dough forms.
- Scoop dough and roll it in powdered sugar before placing it on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Ashton Swank @somethingswanky.