Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 1 7/8 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 7/8 cup olive oil (can be extra virgin), avocado or other vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups super ripe bananas (3-4 mashed)
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecan or walnut pieces (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7/8 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2/3 cup pecan or walnut halves
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 340°F.
- Sift together gluten-free flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- For easy removal from pan line a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper (adding a tiny bit of oil on pan will make parchment paper stick better). Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, mix oil and eggs with a whisk until well blended. Add mashed bananas and sugar.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Add flour mixture and using a spatula, mix until combined. Add nuts if desired.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and place in oven on middle rack. Banana bread will have tendency to turn dark. After 35 minutes of baking, gently place an aluminum foil sheet on surface of bread.
- Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean or an inserted thermometer reads 200°F, about 1 hour.
- Once banana bread has cooled, whisk together water, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Spread on banana bread.
- Decorate with nuts, if desired.