Gluten-Free Fudge Brownies
- 6 tablespoons mild flavored oil
- 1 cup packed Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 6 ounces good quality dark gluten- and dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup Gluten-Free Brown Rice Flour Blend (see recipe for blend below)*
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Line an oiled 8 x 8 inch or 9 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly oil parchment paper. Pour in mixture and level batter.
- Melt chocolate, oil, and sugar in a sauce pan on med-low heat, stirring until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly. Sift gluten-free flour, cocoa and baking powder into the mixture and mix. Add eggs and mix until well blended.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes. Test with a toothpick in center to check that it’s cooked through.
- Let brownies cool for 5 minutes in pan. Using parchment paper lift from pan onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
- For cleaner slicing, freeze brownies for 20 minutes before cutting with a sharp knife.
Gluten-Free Brown Rice Flour Blend: To make blend, combine 5 cups finely ground brown rice flour (or half brown rice and half white rice flour), 3 cups potato starch or corn starch, 1 cup sourghum flour (or more brown rice flour), 1 cup tapioca starch and 1 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum. Whisk well and store in a sealed container. Stir before using in recipe.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angela Litzinger @Angela's Kitchen.