Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler
- 3 cups peaches, fresh or frozen, peeled and cut into chunks or thin slices
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Gluten-Free Brown Rice Flour Blend (below)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter- or dairy-free margarine, melted
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Brown Rice Flour Blend (below)*
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, or milk substitute mixed with 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Gluten Free Brown Rice Flour Blend
- 5 cups finely ground brown rice flour (or half brown rice and half white rice flour)
- 3 cups potato starch or corn starch
- 1 cup sorghum flour (or more brown rice flour)
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Prepare Gluten-Free Brown Rice Flour Blend: Combine all ingredients and whisk well. Store in a sealed container.
- Prepare peach cobbler. Combine sliced peaches with 1/2 cup sugar and 4 teaspoons Gluten-Free Brown Rice Flour Blend*. Toss gently until slices are coated. Set aside.
- Place melted butter or margarine in a 8x8-inch baking pan or 9-inch deep pie plate. In a bowl whisk together 1 1/2 cups Gluten-Free Brown Rice Flour Blend, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt. Add buttermilk and vanilla to dry mixture and stir until smooth. Pour batter into baking dish with melted butter. Do not stir.
- Top batter evenly with peaches. Mix together brown sugar and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle peaches with brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Set pan aside for 20 minutes while preheating oven to 375°F.
- Bake cobbler for 35 to 40 minutes at 375°F or until top is golden and cake is set. Serve while still warm topped whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angela Litzinger @Angela's Kitchen.