Graveyard Chocolate Pie
- 1 Oreo pie crust
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, preferable dark cocoa
- 2 cups milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Graveyard Toppings
- 1 bag gummy worms
- 1 bag Oreo cookies
- 1 bag rectangular cookies, such as Nabisco or Pepperidge Farm
- In a saucepan whisk together sugar, cornstarch, flour and cocoa powder.
- Whisk in milk, egg yolks, salt and vanilla extract. Whisk mixture constantly over medium heat to a full boil.
- When mixture bubbles and is thick, remove from heat and stir in butter. Pour in Oreo pie crust shell. Place in refrigerator and let cool completely, at least 2 hours.
- Crush Oreo cookies into small pieces and use to decorate pie.
- Then, sprinkle on top gummy worms to make graveyard design.
- Place a few of the rectangular cookies in pie to resemble head stones.
So simple and easy to make, kids of all ages will think this Chocolate Graveyard Pie is spooktacular!