Grilled Peach Ice Cream
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup plus 4 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 peaches – pitted, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Optional: Caramel sauce for drizzling
- Into bowl of your stand mixer add: egg yolks and 1 cup of sugar together. Using paddle attachment, continue mixing until light and creamy.
- WHILE egg yolks are mixing, into a large, heavy bottom, sauce pan add milk, heavy whipping cream and 2 tablespoons sugar. Heat over medium heat stirring frequently until sugar dissolves and mixture warms (but not boils). Remove from heat.
- Temper egg yolk mixture by adding some of warm milk/cream mixture to egg yolk mixture. GRADUALLY pour egg yolk mixture to milk/cream mixture and stir well to combine. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens/coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat. Allow mixture to cool.
- WHILE mixture is cooling, place peaches onto a hot grill pan. Cook 2-3 minutes each side until grill marks appear. Transfer to blender (or food processor) and puree. Grill additional peach slices to garnish ice cream with.
- Pour pureed peaches into cream mixture. Stir to combine and transfer to refrigerator to chill completely.
- Once chilled, place into your ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions for churning.
If you prefer texture in your ice cream, just pulse the peaches to your preference so that you have small pieces vs. a puree.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Paula Jones @bellalimento.