Halloween Cookie Cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg +1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Halloween-colored candy-coated chocolates (such as M&M’s)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups buttercream frosting to decorate, optional
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper (cut to fit). Spray top of parchment paper with baking spray. Set aside.
- In bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment mix butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in whole egg, yolk, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Mix for 30 seconds until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in candy pieces and chocolate chips until incorporated evenly.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are set and top is no longer glossy in appearance. Don’t over bake, as you will end up with a dry cookie cake.
- Allow cookie cake to cool in the pan completely.
- Run a butter knife around edges of pan to loosen cake and then remove sides of springform pan. If desired, transfer cookie to a serving platter.
- Decorate with frosting if desired.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.