Heath Bar Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons (1 stick plus 6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup toffee chips
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (semisweet or milk chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture, mixing until completely combined. Stir in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Roll two heaping tablespoons of dough into a ball. Place on cookie sheet 2-inches apart. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are very lightly browned. The cookies will not look cooked in the center, but they will finish cooking while cooling on the cookie sheet.
- Remove from oven and let cookies rest on baking sheet for five minutes.
- Serve warm or transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before storing.
- Store in an airtight container for up to seven days with a slice of bread to keep them soft.
Dixie Crystals Insight
HEATH® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Delicious! I’m a huge Heath bar fan though and must admit that instead of the 3/4 cup I used the entire bag instead! My go to recipe for Heath bar cookies!