Homemade French Toast Sticks
- 6 pieces of thick cut, stale bread
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Preheat skillet or griddle on medium-low heat.
- Cut each piece of bread into 4 sticks.
- Place 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon in a bowl. Stir together to combine and set aside.
- Place eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a shallow bowl. Whisk together to combine.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to warmed skillet to melt.
- Dip bread sticks in milk mixture and place on skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes, flip and cook another 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove cooked bread sticks from skillet and immediately toss in sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Repeat cooking remaining bread sticks. Add butter to skillet as needed.
- Serve warm.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Heather Seeley @FoodLovinFamily.