Homemade Pecan Sandies
- 1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, soft
- 6 tablespoons oil (canola, grapeseed or corn)
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- A few tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix butter and oil until light and fluffy. Add both sugars and mix until creamy.
- Add egg, salt and vanilla extract and mix smooth and until creamy.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Add pecans and mix in.
- For easy handling, you can refrigerate dough for 30 minutes or longer.
- Using a small ice cream scoop measure enough dough to form balls 3/4-inch in diameter. Roll into granulated sugar and place on cookie sheets preferably lined with parchment paper or lightly buttered. Press balls to make surface flat.
- Place in oven and bake for about 9-11 minutes or until very light golden.
- Cookies are best when served at room temperature.