Homemade Vanilla Pudding
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- Pinch salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a large saucepan whisk together cream, milk, sugar, cornstarch, flour, and salt.
- Vigorously whisk in egg yolks. Place over medium high heat and whisk constantly until the mixture boils and makes thick visible bubbles.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
Dixie Crystals Insight
- For a slightly less firm cream, reduce the cornstarch to 2 tablespoons.
- If you love this recipe, we bet you'd love our Homemade Chocolate Pudding too!