Honey Peach Cake
- 1 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/4 cup peaches, cut into small chunks + more for decoration
- Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Creme Chantilly, optional
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a standard pound cake pan with parchment paper or butter and flour pan and set aside.
- Sift flour and all dry ingredient together and set aside.
- In a stand or hand-held mixer using paddle attachment, mix oil, sugar, and vanilla until very well blended.
- Add egg and mix for 2 minutes. Add honey and blend well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in peaches.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger, about 55-65 minutes. If cake gets too dark cover with aluminum foil.
- Cool cake for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Once completely cool decorate with additional peaches and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.