Honey Pecan Cheese Truffles
- 10 ounces goat cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans, divided
- In a large bowl, beat goat cheese, cream cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon, and honey until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 cup pecan chips, folding to combine. Set aside.
- Line countertop with parchment paper. Place remaining pecan chips in the center of the parchment paper.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out one round of cheese filling and roll in pecans. Continue until all truffles have been coating in pecans.
- Refrigerate cheeseballs until ready to serve. You can make these up to three days before, just make sure and store them in an airtight container.
- To serve, drizzle with extra honey, if desired. Serve with crackers, warm crostini or as is with a toothpick.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
I have made these several times. They are quick, easy and everybody loves them. I preferred to cut the cinnamon back to 1 tsp. I don't drizzle with extra honey as they are already sweet enough and the drizzle would make them messy for a finger food. You can make as individual 'truffles' (I used a 1 tbsp. scoop) with a toothpick or as one large cheese ball with crackers and spreaders. One time I substituted the goat cheese for more cream cheese (since that is what I had on hand) and found it just as good.