- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups, packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/4 all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cinnamon Sugar Swirl
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar Shaker
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9 x 13-inch pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment beat butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes. Add in eggs, vanilla, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix for an additional minute, scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined.
- Finally mix in sour cream on low speed until incorporated and smooth.
- Spread half of cake batter into prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl combine Cinnamon Sugar Swirl ingredients until mixed. Drop mixture by spoonful onto cake batter evenly.
- Spread remaining cake batter on top of cinnamon mixture.
- Bake cake for 30-35 minutes or until the center is set.
- When cake is done prepare glaze by whisking all ingredients together in a large bowl. Drizzle glaze on top of cake while it’s still warm. Allow glaze to set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.