Honeycrisp Caramel Apple Pizza
- Spiced Sugar Cookie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cups salted butter, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup lightly packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Spread
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 + 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 honeycrisp apple
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut a sheet of parchment to fit a 12 to 13-inch pizza pan. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and spices together. In a bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together for several minutes until combined and fluffy. Beat in yolk and vanilla, scraping down bowl as needed.
- In 2 additions, add flour mixture on low speed. Once combined, increase speed to medium and mix until dough comes together.
- Flour cut parchment and rolling pin. Press dough into a ball, then roll out to almost the edge of parchment. (Don’t worry if it’s not a perfect circle.) Place parchment with rolled dough on a pizza pan and bake for 14 minutes or until done and golden at edges. Cool on pan for 15 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When crust is cooled, make cream cheese spread. Beat cream cheese until light and smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and cardamom. Beat until combined. Spread on crust, leaving about 1/2-inch border. Refrigerate while you prepare the topping, or for up to 1 day.
- For toppings - Mix salt with 1 1/2 cups water in a bowl. Slice honeycrisp apples very thinly. Place slices in salt water and soak for 5 minutes. Rinse with cool water. Pat dry. Place in a single layer between paper towels and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, place caramel bits and milk in a small saucepan. Heat on medium-low, stirring frequently until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a small skillet, toast pecans pieces until fragrant and toasted, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- To assemble, place apple slices in a spiral pattern on top of cream cheese. Drizzle caramel sauce on top and sprinkle with toasted pecans. Serve immediately.
- For easiest and cleanest cuts, use a large, greased knife. Caramel will stick otherwise.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.