Irish Whiskey Chocolate Truffles
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) bar premium milk chocolate
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) bars premium dark chocolate, cocoa content between 55 and 65% cocoa mass
- 3 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- Chop milk chocolate bar and one dark chocolate bar into small pieces and place in a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients. Set aside.
- In a saucepan bring whipping cream and sugar to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in instant coffee. When dissolved pour onto chopped chocolate. Stir using a whisk until chocolate is melted.
- Add whiskey, cover the ganache with plastic food wrap, and allow it to firm up for 3-4 hours or overnight or until firm enough to be scooped and hold its shape.
- Using a melon baller, scoop ganache into round balls. Remaining ganache can be pressed and rolled by hand into balls. Set aside.
- Line 2 cookie sheets or cutting boards with plastic food film. Set aside.
- Chop remaining chocolate bars into small pieces and place 2/3 in a microwave-proof bowl. Set 1/3 of remaining chocolate aside.
- Select a saucepan that will nicely hold the above bowl. Fill a saucepan with 1-inch of water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling turn to a very low simmer and place chocolate bowl on top. Stir constantly until chocolate is nearly melted and has reached 115°F.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to 112°F. Add remaining non-melted chocolate and stir until most of chocolate has melted.
- Place some chocolate on the palm of your hand and roll a round ganache ball into it. Place on a plastic lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all is done. If chocolate becomes too firm and/or cold place it in a microwave oven for 4-5 seconds. Roll truffles once more into chocolate.
- Keep Irish Whiskey Chocolate Truffles refrigerated.