- 3 envelopes gelatin (7 teaspoons)
- 2/3 cup room temperature water (1)
- 2 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup room temperature water (2)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 drops orange food coloring
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 8 - 10 graham crackers
- 8 - 10 chocolate bars
- Chocolate chips
- Basic Butter Cream Frosting
- Cellophane bags
- Decorative ribbon
- Evenly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer combine gelatin and water (1), fit with whip attachment and set aside.
- In a saucepan combine sugar and water (2) and cover with a lid. Boil for 3 minutes and remove lid. Attach a thermometer on side of pan and boil until syrup reaches 240°F. Do not stir syrup as this may cause it to crystallize.
- Remove from heat, engage mixer in medium speed and while whipping pour hot syrup in a slow and steady stream onto whipping gelatin. Once all combined engage mixer in high speed. Add salt.
- Whip until mixture feels lukewarm and looks like marshmallow fluff, about 8-12 minutes. Add vanilla and 1 - 2 drops of orange food coloring during mixing.
- Scrape marshmallow into prepared pan. Spread evenly. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Allow to cool, preferably overnight while covered with plastic food wrap.
- Next day remove from pan and using a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter, cut out shapes. Generously toss in powdered sugar.
- Prepare Buttercream Frosting (or use store-bought if time is of the essence.)
- Using a pastry bag with a small tip use frosting to“glue” chocolate chips for the eyes, nose and mouth. If you do not have pastry bags, place icinig in a large plastic bag and cut off one of the bottom corners for easy squeezing.
- Place pumpkin marshmallow in cellophane bag along with chocolate bar and graham cracker. Tie with Halloween ribbon.