Jalapeno and Cilantro Sweet Corn Cake
- 1 fresh medium-sized jalapeno
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup olive/vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Set aside an 8x8-inch pan. (No need to butter or spray pan.)
- Cut jalapeno in half, remove seeds without touching them as they are very hot and can irritate skin. Chop jalapeno in small pieces and set aside.
- Remove leaves from cilantro and chop in small pieces and set aside.
- Pulse corn in a blender until chunky but do not make a smooth puree. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, whisk oil, water, sugar, salt, cornmeal, and baking powder until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Scrape into baking dish and cover with foil. Place in a roasting pan and pour 1/2 inch water onto roasting pan surrounding the 8X8-inch pan.
- Place in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove and serve. Can be reheated when needed.