Kaalberg Pumpkin Bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 box butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (16 oz) pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In large bowl, whip eggs until frothy. Add oil and sugar. Cream together with eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Pour into 2 greased bread pans. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Remove and immediately sprinkle generously with more sugar. Let cool and remove from pans.
This recipe has evolved over 25 years of trial and effort (with 3 ingredient changes and 2 preparation changes), and the result is a wonderfully moist and sweet batter bread.
Loved the bread but I did tweak it a bit. I used coconut mix instead of butterscotch, I afford a little bit of Golden Syrup that I made and brown sugar! It's certainly moist and DELICIOUS!