Key Lime Cheesecake Bars
- 18 graham crackers (full sheet)
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Key Lime Filling
- 3 packages (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Optional Crème Chantilly
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9x13-inch pan with foil and spray liberally with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until fine. Pulse in brown sugar and melted butter until fully combined. [You want to have about 2 cups of crumb mixture.] Spoon into prepared pan and press down into an even layer. Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, prepare filling. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth with no lumps.
- In a separate bowl, stir granulated sugar and corn starch together. Turn mixer to low speed and add sugar mixture into running mixer and beat until combined. Scrape down bowl as needed throughout this process.
- Add sour cream, lime zest, lime juice and vanilla extract, mixing until smooth on medium speed.
- Turn mixer to low once again and add one egg at a time into running mixer, beating well for about 30 seconds between each addition. Scrape down bowl one more time and beat again for about 20 seconds, making sure cheesecake mixture is nice and smooth.
- Pour cheesecake mixture on top of warm crust and place in the oven to bake for 55-60 minutes. When done, edges should be set and center will still be slightly jiggly. Turn oven off and crack door open. Leave cheesecake to cool for 2 hours in cracked oven. Cover with plastic wrap, being sure to press down on the top of cheesecake and chill for 3 hours.
- Cut into bars and serve. Optional: Garnish with creme Chantilly and lime zest.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Kraft @SprinkleSomeSugar.