Key Lime Tart
Vanilla Wafer Crust
- 1 box (11 oz) vanilla wafer cookies, crushed into fine crumbs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
Key Lime Tart Filling
- 4 egg yolks
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Creme Chantilly
- Lime zest, optional
- Lime slices, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl combine crushed vanilla wafer cookie crumbs, melted butter, and sugar.
- Mix well until crumbs have consistency of wet sand.
- Press crumbs firmly into a 9-inch round tart pan. Make sure to press crumbs firmly on bottom and sides of tart pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- For filling, add egg yolks and lime zest to bowl of stand mixer, or use a hand mixer in a large bowl.
- Whip egg yolks on high for 3-4 minutes, until color becomes pale yellow.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and lime juice.
- Mix well until everything is combined.
- Let filling rest for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Pour filling into prepared tart pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 30 minutes.
- Place into fridge and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- For Crème Chantilly, in bowl of a stand mixer, combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Whip on high until firm peaks form. Pipe onto cold tart.
- Garnish tart with lime zest and/or lime slices. Serve cold.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments