Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole large egg
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In an electric mixer cream together butter, sugar, and lemon zest until mixture is nice and creamy. This can take about 2 minutes to get it really well combined.
- Add in lemon juice, vanilla extract, and egg until everything is fully incorporated.
- In a bowl toss blueberries with 1/4 cup of flour to coat them. Set that aside until you are ready to add them to batter.
- In a separate bowl whisk together remaining flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and milk until you have a batter that is just combined. Once flour streaks are gone, stop mixing. Do not over mix batter.
- Use a spatula to fold in flour-coated berry mixture.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let them cool in pan for about 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.