Lemon & Brown Sugar Scrub
- 2 small jars (Mason or other, 6 ounce works best) from a local craft store
- 2 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 cup olive, coconut or canola oil
- 4 - 5 tablespoons lemon juice plus zest of one lemon (optional)
- Vanilla extract
- Measure sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in olive oil.
- Add lemon juice plus the zest of one lemon.
- Adding a few drops of vanilla extract to sweeten scent.
- Divide mixture between your jars.
- Add a label, some ribbon for decoration, and a small wooden spoon for an added touch.
For a lighter color, you can substitute Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar.
Sugar scrubs make thoughtful gifts. To help dress up your present, we've created custom labels for each of our sugar scrubs. Just print on a full sized label/sticker and cut out. Our labels are designed to fit on 8-ounce jar lids.