Lemon Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 1 lemon, sectioned
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan or 2 loaf pans.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar, lemon zest and lemon sections until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, fully incorporating after each addition.
- Add all the flour at once along with the salt. Beat until fully incorporated.
- Stir in lemon extract.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until skewer inserted into center comes out clean.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.