Lemon Crackle Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 2 lemons
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (for rolling) Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well blended.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough and roll each ball through powdered sugar. Place on a baking sheet, at least 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until edges are set.
- Remove from oven and rest for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet until moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.